Tuesday, May 3, 2011

KARAMANTI GETS PERSONAL WITH HER MUSIC


Dancehall artist Karamanti gets personal with her music by bringing a family issue to light in her latest single entitled “the tribute song”.

Being an artist that is known for addressing social issues and keeping her family life private, it is surprising to hear Karamanti pouring out her heart on this track. The song is called “the tribute song” and it is just that. Every line talks about an issue she and her entire family are dealing with. It is on the raid riddim by Money Green Music, which was officially released on iTunes on Tuesday, April 19th.

Karamanti says that it’s pretty sad that dancehall artists limit themselves to only a few topic and refuse to get out of the box, especially women who seem to focus mainly on men, money and sex. “I try to be different, I really don’t want to talk about the same thing everyone else is talking about. I never follow the crowd, it is just not who I am. I think my approach to music is the reason why I haven’t gotten that big break as yet but I rather to keep it authentic and never get that break than to go with the flow just to fit in. As for this song, I was in North America and when I got back home I was completely shocked to learn what had happen to my cousin. Being a person that tries to be honest in my music, I wrote about it,” explained Karamanti.

Additionally, Karamanti makes it clear both on and off the song that monies made by her from the tribute song will go towards assisting the family. To listen the tribute song visit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te89SZT-MlQ and the iTunes link to purchase the album or singles from it is: http://itunes.apple.com/album/the-raid-riddim/id432958195

Karamanti will be performing at Culture Flex this Saturday, May 7th at the Kingston YMCA located at 21 Hope Road in Kingston.

For more information on Karamanti visit: www.reverbnation.com/karamanti or download her EPK here: http://www.mediafire.com/?2kkq6ctvqlyczda

No comments: